ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD
Here's something I'm trying to do to pass the time:
Hypothetical. Mascot. Tournament.
Yes, we can pit mascots head-to-head and determine which ones are the best. This is something I'm very intrigued in due to how others view mascots across the CFB landscape considering how strange and unique some mascots are. (On a side note, my high school had a mascot but he never dressed for games unless it was homecoming. All four years.)
Anyways, what I will have YOU do (yeah, that's right, you) is vote for your top 10 favorite mascots in NO PARTICULAR ORDER! The top 8 vote earners will be seeded in a tournament style and will be judged based on their looks, styles, and how they would brawl against one another. This is a thing.
Here are some particular ground rules:
1. NO NFL MASCOTS! As much as we would like to see Chomps and Poe battle to the death over Art Modell's grave, this won't be happening here.
2. Must be a FBS school! This means no mascots that are a pair of balls. As fun as that would be, we have to keep this relatively safe for work.
3. You can't vote twice. Nope, can't do it.
4. If you vote for more than ten, your eleventh and beyond on your list are cut off and will not count, so vote wisely.
5. Vote for schools that actually have mascots. No one wants to see Sparty go against Michigan's nonexistent mascot (Although it would make for a hilarious situation)
6. If the school has multiple mascots, please specify which one you are voting for. Such is the case with Arizona, which has a male and female mascot (yikes)
7. All mascots must be CURRENT mascots, but we should all agree that Mean Brutus would destroy any other non-Ohio State mascot.
8. Bret Bielema is not Arkansas' mascot
9. Brady Hoke is not Michigan's mascot
10. You cannot vote for the Blue Mountain State Goat. He'd probably die in the middle of the article anyways.
And that's all the rules! Have fun, but remember to be courteous to others (yes, even the Michigan fans)