Rossville (GA) Ridgeland S Vonn Bell was on campus this past weekend for his much anticipated official visit. Bell has three schools tied at the top: Alabama, Ohio State, and Tennessee. Bell brought most of his family with him this past weekend so they could check out the school. It sounds like the visit went pretty well. I talked to Bell's high school head coach, Mark Mariakis to get the visit details:
- Visit: "I talked to Vonn's father while they were on their way home from the visit. They had a great time. It was a fantastic visit. Vonn and his family got all their questions answered."
- More: "His dad is stopping by the school tomorrow to tell me more about the visit, so I'll know more tomorrow."
- Upcoming visits: "He's still visiting Alabama next weekend and Tennessee the weekend after that."
- Alabama: "They've been winning a lot of National Championships. They're just one of the premier football programs in the country. Vonn has a really good relationship with Coach Saban. They've done a really good job recruiting him."
- Ohio State: "He really likes the relationship he has formed with Coach Meyer. He also likes that he feels at home at Ohio State."
- Tennessee: "He has been a fan his whole life. They have the emotional vote. He doesn't know much about the new staff, but is excited to meet them on his visit."
- Timetable: "He's going to announce on National Signing Day at 9 A.M.. at the school."
- Factors: "Relationships with the coaches is very important to Vonn. He also wants a good education. The kid is a competitor, so winning is important too."
- Bell was with Jalin Marshall for almost the entire visit. He also was around Shazier, Braxton Miller, and Bradley Roby quite a bit.