One of the Buckeyes' biggest remaining overall targets in the 2013 class is Lawrenceville (GA) Central Gwinnett LB Trey Johnson. The Buckeyes appear to be in the lead for the former Auburn commit as things stand right now. I briefly spoke to Johnson about his upcoming decision at the Under Armour All-American game, January 4th. Here are the details:
- On his decision: "I'm deciding at the Under Armour game, January 4th."
- On Urban Meyer: "I've built a really good relationship with Coach Meyer. I talked to him on Christmas Day."
- On Luke Fickell: "I have a really strong relationship with him. I got to know him when I went to visit for the Michigan game. He has stopped by my school a few times too."
- Hats on the table: Ohio State, Florida, Tennessee, Penn State.
- Schools: "They're all even right now. I feel I'll know which school is right for me the day of my decision."
- Factors: Chance to play early, relationships with coaches, and campus environment.
Despite Johnson saying all schools are even, I think he favors the Buckeyes. I would be pretty surprised if he didn't announce for OSU on ESPN January 4th. The Buckeyes are desperate for linebackers so a commitment from Johnson, paired with a commitment from Mike Mitchell at the Army Bowl, which is the very next day, would be huge for the Buckeyes. Stay tuned to Eleven Warriors for updates on Johnson and other top recruiting targets.