Today the Buckeyes officially added 24 new players, which could grow to 25, depending on where Johnny Townsend ends up. I caught up with Toledo (OH) Central Catholic safety Jayme Thompson to talk about officially becoming a Buckeye shortly after he signed his NLOI:
- Signing/Becoming a Buckeye: "It felt amazing. I'm getting closer to my ultimate goal of playing in the NFL. I'm very excited to get to Columbus and play football."
- Favorite memory: "My favorite memory is Urban Meyer telling me, "I don't recruit against West Virginia, I really want you to be part of this program/tradition," and I said, "I wanna play for The Ohio State University."
- Position in college: "Probably free safety, but I might play the STAR position when I come in as a freshmen."
- Relationships with other signees: "It's a group of me, Ezekiel, Cam, and Eli. We're all really close."
- Playing in OSU defensive backfield: "That's kind of why I wanted to come, there's good, strong depth back there, it's one of the best in the country."
- Players he recruited to OSU: "I helped recruit Vonn Bell, James Clark, Mike Mitchell, I talked to him a lot on his official, Donovan Munger, and Mike Hill.
- Living up to Dane's legacy: "There's some pressure, but not really a lot."
- "Message for Buckeye fans: "I'm just extremely excited for the upcoming season. Go Bucks!"
Jayme is currently playing basketball for Toledo Central Catholic. They are one of the best teams in the state. He will enroll at Ohio State in June.