Massillon (OH) Washington ATH Gareon Conley is one top prospects in the state of Ohio for the class of 2013. Conley was a Michigan commit for about nine months, but de-committed back in December, a couple of weeks after Ohio State offered him a scholarship. Conley took a visit to Columbus from December 5th-7th and committed to the Bucks on the visit. I caught up with Conley to talk about the feeling of officially becoming a Buckeye and more:
- Signing: "It felt really good to officially get the process over with. It's an honor to play for Ohio State, Coach Meyer, and the fan base. It's truly an honor."
- Why he chose OSU: "I feel more comfortable as a Buckeye. I know I'll always have people there for me and I'm an Ohio boy."
- Other Signees: "I probably talk to Darron Lee the most. It's a really good class, I can't wait to play with them."
- Meyer: "We have a really good relationship. He's a great coach and I'm excited to play for him."
- Devin Smith (Cousin): "We have a very good relationship. We went to school together and he's one of the main reasons I decided to play football."
- Favorite recruiting memory: "My officially visit to Ohio State when I committed. It felt like home."
- College position: CB or WR (most likely CB)
- Interested in studying business
- Message for Buckeye Nation: "I can't wait to get to Columbus and play football."