One of the top in-state signal callers in the 2014 class is Louisville (OH) QB Joey Duckworth. Duckworth flew under the radar until he had solid camp performances in June and at FNL. Since then interest in Duckworth has picked up. Duckworth was in attendance for the UCF game this past Saturday. We caught up with Duckworth to get the latest on his recruitment. Here's what he had to say:
- Season to this point: "It's going pretty well. We're 2-1 right now. I have about 705 passing yards and 6 touchdowns."
- UCF game: "It was awesome. We got there a little bit late so we didn't get to go on the field before the game. The seats were great. They were in the second row."
- Contact with OSU: "Coach Herman wished me luck over Facebook and told me to call him, so I'll be calling him soon. We talked at the camps this summer and I've been getting mail from Ohio State."
- Future visits: "I'm going to the Michigan State-Notre Dame game this Saturday at 8:00. I'll also be visiting other schools, but I haven't planned all my visits."
- Main interests: "I've been getting a lot of mail from Indiana, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State."
- Factors: "Academics, how I fit in the offense, and facilities."
- Timetable: "I definitely want to decide before my senior season, so probably sometime next summer."
- Free time: "I like to hang out with my friends and lift weights."
- Upcoming games: "We play Marlington Friday. They have Dymonte Thomas, who's going to Michigan. It's a big game for us."
Duckworth is one of many QBs on the Buckeyes' radar in the 2014 class. Right now word is the staff only plans on taking one QB in the class, but I think they end up taking two.