There's a chance the Buckeyes will take one more offensive linemen in the 2013 class. Cass Tech (MI) OG David Dawson is probably the top target still on the board. Dawson de-committed from Michigan in October, but the Maize and Blue are still in the hunt for Dawson and are rumored to be back in the lead for Dawson's services. Here's the latest:
- Official Visits: Ohio State Dec. 7-9, Michigan Dec. 14-16, Alabama Jan. 11, and Michigan State Jan. 18.
- OSU Visit (looking forward to): "Just meeting with the commits and coaches. I've already seen the campus."
- Contact with coaches: "They've visited me a couple of times and we talk on the phone."
- Coaches' pitch: "The visits have all gone well. They just tell me they're going to dominate the Big Ten and I could be a part of that. They also tell me by my sophomore or red-shirt freshmen year, I could compete for a starting job."
- Leader(s): "All four (Alabama, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State) are tied. I'd like to stay close to home, but Alabama is Alabama so I definitely like them."
- Michigan: "I just told the coaches the reasons I did what I did and we had a long talk, that's it."
- Would like to make a decision sometime in January.
- Factors: "Playing time, family atmosphere, and how my mom feels."
I will be talking to David again once his visit concludes. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Urban pushed for a commitment on the visit becuase this might be their only shot at landing Dawson.