2014 Oak Park (IL) LB Nile Sykes is one of the best linebackers in the state of Illinois in the class of 2014 along with Clifton Garrett and others. He was in Columbus Saturday to take in the Ohio State-Michigan game.
I caught up with him to find out how his visit went and more. Keep reading to learn more about rising 2014 LB Nile Sykes:
- Visit/Game: "I saw a great game, one of the best rivalries in football. Before the game I spoke to Coach Vrabel. He told me thanks for coming and to keep calling. After the game I went into the locker room and listened to Coach Meyer's speech."
- Potential offer: "We didn't talk about one. They've told me I'm high on their recruiting list. I know they're interested and think I can play at a high level. I've been meaning to ask about an offer, but I don't know how to go about that. I'm just being patient.
- If OSU offer's?: "It would mean a lot. They're one of the top schools I would like to go to if I got the opportunity."
- Timetable: "Possibly after next summer or mid-way through football season. I think with another summer of camps with my Core 6 team I could possibly earn more offers."
- Factors: "Number one is education, I think I want to major in business or sports medicine. I also want to go to a school where the football is strong.
- Goals: "I want to have a great senior season. I want to be All-State, maybe with an All-American mention. Somewhere around 80+ tackles. This year started out rough because of my injury, so I want to have a really strong year next year."