One of the top running backs in the Midwest in the 2014 class is Chicago (IL) De La Salle Institute RB Mikale Wilbon. Wilbon has been to Columbus many times, usually with teammate Jamarco Jones.
I caught up with Wilbon to find out how his visit went and more:
- Visit: "It was a great overall experience. It was the best visit/game experience I've had. We toured the campus and went to the basketball game Friday night. Saturday we went to the game, met coaches, and other recruits. It was a great experience."
- The Game: "The fans were crazy. There wasn't a dead moment. They were on their feet from first to fourth quarter."
- Coaches: "I talked with Coach Vrabel and Coach Drayton. I also talked to Coach Meyer Friday."
- Drayton: "I probably talked to coach Drayton the most. He was saying he was going to do his homework and get back to me. I'm hoping an offer could be coming."
- Leaders: No school is leading or anything. The Ohio State visit was the best, but there are no leaders at this point."
- Timetable: "Probably at the end of my senior year. I want to take a look at every program I like."
- Factors: "The biggest factor is education. Other than that: A good fan base, good coaches, an offense that fits my playing style, and good teammates."