Just a couple of nuggets I have on 2014 quarterback targets, Caleb Henderson and Kyle Allen to share with you all. As well as my thoughts on a couple other things.
I spoke to his father, Eric Henderson, a couple of weeks ago and he had the following to say:
- Visit: "He loved it. He hadn't been to Columbus since he was 7. The camp went very well."
- More: "He came in Thursday after visiting Michigan. He met with Coach Herman and Coach Meyer, then camped all day Friday. After the camp, we went over to the stadium to check it out."
- Offer: "They said they were going to take their time offering a 2014 quarterback. They want to make sure they offer the right guys. It was also good to hear from Coach Meyer that he didn't need a track star at quarterback, just a guy that can move around in the pocket and make occasional plays with his feet. Caleb can do those things."
- Timetable: "I think he's going to let it play out."
- Why was Caleb a Buckeye fan growing up?: "I don't know, that's a good question. How does a kid ask for an Ohio State t-shirt when he's 7? How does he know stats from all the great Buckeyes like Troy Smith? As a kid he always said he was going to play football for Ohio State. He's inching closer to having the option to pursue that dream."
I got the vibe Caleb is VERY interested in the Buckeyes, even though I didn't speak directly with Caleb. I hope to chat with him after he visits for FNL.
Few quick things from talking to another 2014 quarterback target, Kyle Allen out of Scottsdale (AZ):
- Visit: "The day I flew in, I met with Coach Herman. I camped the next day."
- More: "I was with Coach Herman most of the time, but I did meet with Coach Meyer before the camp and he said he wanted me to dominate. I talked to him again afterwards and he said he was impressed. He said they weren't ready to make a decision on offering any 2014 quarterbacks and they'd decide on who to offer late summer or in the fall."
- Next visit: "I'll be back to see the Nebraska game."
- Kyle told me Taivon Jacobs was the most impressive player at the camp.
2014 QB's in general: I think it's safe to say zero 2014 quarterback targets hold a committable offer from the Bucks. I have been told by three different 2014 quarterback recruits that the OSU coaches are saying they haven't offered any quarterbacks in the 2014 class.
Top QB target?: Also some confusion here. Both Allen and Henderson think they're number one on the Buckeyes 2014 quarterback board. I think this just a misunderstanding or just the players getting the vibe they're the number one target. I wouldn't read too much into this.
Taivon Jacobs: The Maryland high school standout is choosing between Maryland, Ohio State, and West Virginia today at noon. I think this is between Maryland and Ohio State, with him becoming a Terp. I haven't heard much about his recruitment, so I could be wrong. Jacobs could be a very good slot receiver or defensive back at the college level.
Vacation: I am going on an eight day vacation to Montenegro, a country in eastern Europe. I won't be very active on the forums or Twitter during this trip. I will be back just in time for FNL coverage though.
Have a great week folks!