2014 Southfield (MI) DE Lawrence Marshall attended the Ohio State game in Columbus this past weekend and couldn't have had a better time. He is a defensive player in the class of 2014 whose stock is soaring. He had a few offers coming into this week but has since picked up a few big ones, in Michigan and Pittsburgh.
- On the visit: "It was real nice, and I enjoyed myself a lot. It was a great game, and for sure the best one that I have ever been to.
- On his interaction with the Ohio State staff: "I got to talk to Coach Coombs and he said he likes me a lot. He was also at my school yesterday and told me to come to Columbus and check out Ohio State more whenever I want to. He said an offer could come soon. They just want to get to know me better and evaluate me more."
- Marshall has offers from Bowling Green, Toledo, Indiana, Michigan State, Michigan, and Pittsburgh.
- On his recent Michigan offer: "That's a big offer to me. It's my second big one. It was amazing to get. That doesn't mean Michigan is the favorite though. I'll go to school whereever the best fit is."
- On what coaching staffs he has best relationship with: "I would say I like the Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Indiana staffs the most. I'm pretty comfortable with all four of them."
- Marshall said he may make a decision on what college to choose before his senior season, but if not, soon afterwards.
- On what will factor into his college choice: "It will be about how the coaching staffs treat their players, and how well the relationships are between the players and the coaches. I also just want to take as many visits as possible to see where I fit in at the best, and to see if I feel better about putting a certain jersey on."
Lawrence Marshall is a recruit that figures to receive more offers in his future. The more his junior film begins to circulate, the more attention he begins to garner. Ohio State will definitely be tracking Marshall moving forward, so an offer would not surprise. We will stay in touch with Marshall as his recruitment develops.