I was able to speak to Dylan Thompson after he performed amongst all the lineman in the Core 6 Athletes Showcase at the Rivers Edge Sports Center in Cincinnati. Thompson had just recently received an Ohio State offer about a week prior to the event, and the Buckeyes have made quite the impression on him early.
- On his performance: "I went all out today and did the best I could. It is great to be involved with something like this where I can continue to get better. Going up against guys like J.B. Butler and Jamarco Jones sets you up for the future and makes you a better player."
- On his Ohio State offer: "It was awesome to be offered by the Buckeyes. They are a really good program and one of the elite teams in the nation. I have spoken to Coach Meyer a few times and he says that I'm among the top two guys they like the most at my position."
- On other schools: "Illinois and Indiana have also offered. It is just a pleasure to get the recognition like this. I wasn't sure if it would happen."
- On future visits: "I will be visiting Ohio State this upcoming weekend. It was going to be later on but this weekend is going to work. I want to check out the facilities, get to talk and meet the coaches, and see what it is like in Columbus. Some of the guys that have already been there have told me it is definitely a trip worth taking. I'm super excited about it and can't wait. I also plan on visiting Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Indiana, and Illinois, and taking some trips down south."
- On what he is looking for in a school: "I want to go to a place that feels like home. I'm looking for a great coaching staff that I click with real well. Academics will be key in my choice too."
We will have more from Thompson after his visit to Ohio State this weekend. Ohio State has really opened Thompson's eyes at this point. It is still a long way to go but the Buckeyes are in a good spot early.