2014 Lancaster (OH) OL Kyle Trout has been a prospect that has been in constant contact with the Ohio State coaching staff. While he does not currently hold an offer, he is thought to be at the top of OSU's wish list for the in-state prospects at the position group, along with Jimmy Byrne and Nick Richardson.
We caught up with Kyle after his visit to the OSU-Michigan game this weekend to hear his thoughts on the experience and recruiting:
- On the game experience: "It was cool. It was a great atmosphere and there was a lot of intensity on the field".
- Trout went down onto the field after the game and went into the locker room as well following the win. He said the players were dancing, singing, jumping, hugging, and there were even tears shed. The seniors were all called up by the coaches and said something to the team and the game ball was handed out as well. He called seeing that "awesome" and "really sweet".
- Kyle got to speak the coaches briefly before the game and they just wanted to catch up and see how he was doing in general. He said Mark Pantoni sent all of the recruits a Facebook message earlier in the week apologizing if the coaches couldn't interact with them as much as normal, as they were extremely focused on this game.
- Kyle holds 8 offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, Toledo, and Bowling Green. Arizona State, Duke, and Wisconsin are very close to offering and those may came any day.
- He doesn't have any trips planned in the near future. He is going to try and go to a Wisconsin bowl practice, but it may be hard as he plays basketball and that is starting.
- He is not making a decision anytime soon and will wait until next year. He says he has "many visits to go and many places to see"
- When asked how OSU would stack up on his list he said "It's hard to say right now since they haven't offered and I don't want to speculate on a list right now without knowing what all of my offers will be. I will say Ohio State is a very prestigious university and I would love to get an offer from them."
More to come from Eleven Warriors as we speak to more prospects.