2014 Cleveland (OH) St. Ignatius LB Kyle Berger was offered a scholarship by Ohio State back in November, right before making a visit to Columbus for The Game.
At the time it was Berger's first offer, but that was quickly followed by an offer from Cincinnati and then a few others. At the time Kyle was high on the Buckeyes and that still has not changed, as he made his second visit to OSU yesterday to see the Buckeyes' beat Michigan for the second time in two months.
- On this visit: "It was unbelievable. I loved it"
- Hung out with sevaral Glenville players who also went for the trip down I-71 including Marcelys Jones, Marshon Lattimore, and Eric Smith
- Itinerary: Luke Fickell took the whole Berger family around the entire day. They first met with Urban Meyer upon arrival for about an hour and then met with an academic advisor. After that they went to the game and afterwards sat down with Fickell, just talking for a while.
- What the coaches said: "A lot of it was just getting to know each other better, but they also talked about their plans for me. They told me they like me at outside linebacker, either SAM or WILL, and they think I'll grow an inch or two and they'll definitely be putting a lot of weight on me. They also spoke to me a lot about academics and what the day to day life is like being a student-athlete at Ohio State."
- Decision timeline: "I still am thinking mid-April or early-May. I want to take a couple of other visits to compare other schools to Ohio State."
- What other visits he may take: "Hopefully Michigan State soon and possibly Tennessee and Stanford."
- Current offers: Cincinnati, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State, and West Virginia
- Said Ohio State is in a really good spot at the top of his list