2014 Aliquippa (PA) Senior High School DT Jaleel Fields is a prospect that the OSU staff has been in constant contact with. At 6-3/270 Fields has great size to play defensive tackle at the next level, but also has the great athleticism that Urban Meyer looks for in his offensive linemen.
He took his first trip to Columbus this weekend with teammate 2014 DB Dravon Henry (story coming this week) and had the following to say following the visit:
- "The visit was great and I had a lot of fun. The atmosphere was awesome and my favorite part was rushing the field with all of the fans after they won. It was a good game and the environment was hype."
- Spoke to a few coaches in the recruiting room including Mike Vrabel and Luke Fickell. They both told him they were very interested in him and are going to keep evaluating him further.
- He can probably play defensive end in college, but says the Buckeyes are looking at him on the inside at tackle.
- He went in the locker room after the game and said it "was really cool to hear all of the seniors' speeches."
- Wants to make a return trip to Ohio State and said that will likely be in late spring or summer.
- He is waiting on an Ohio State offer and wants it bad. He said Pittsburgh and Maryland are expected to offer soon.
- Said if OSU offered they would be at the top of his list and would definitely be in his top five throughout the recruiting process regardless.
- Would like to make a decision around this time next year, right after his football season ends.
- Plays basketball as well, but his team just won the WPIAL title (area) and now moves on to the state round.