Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Monday: Braxton is fine, Danny Hope can't accept losing, Penn State might be the B1G's best team, here comes hoops, football in the Great State of Ohio and TBDBITL is on a roll. (Jason)
- Tuesday: The depth chart is out, Ohio State's hard offseason workouts are paying off, Tom Herman makes the call, Penn State's passing game is a key for Saturday, Nittanyville reaches new records and Aaron Craft is #6 on Brent Yarina's top ten list. (Sarah)
- Wednesday: Oregon replaces Georgia for 2020-21, the remaining schedule is put to stats, Heisman clarity, Saturday is beginning to feel like a bowl game and them Dawgs is smart. (Chad)
- Thursday: The curious case of Chris Fields, Braxton's A-OK, Jordan Hall might seek a redshirt and Previewing. (Jeff)
- Friday: Urban increases chatter on Hall's possible redshirt, PSU's huge recruiting weekend, Hoke might use Denard on more kickoffs and a major gambling ring is busted. (Chris)
This Week in Editorials
- Sunset at Noon: More on the heroics of Kenny Guiton. (Kyle)
- Eight is Not Enough: The shot at 12-0 glory is still alive. (Sarah)
- The Replacements: Ohio State relied on a couple of backups to win last week. (Kyle)
- Triskaidekaphobia: The Kenny Guiton phenomenon. (Ramzy)
- Defending a New Domain: The defense is grinding. (Kyle)
- The Situational: Week 9: The mess Urban left at Florida, the mess Torg left at The Fan, Situational Bourbon and the Golden Girls. (Ramzy)
- Preview: #9 Ohio State at Penn State: Only one can remain unbeaten in the Leaders Division. (Kyle)
- A Tale of Two Cities: Sanctions don't just affect Ohio State and Penn State's football teams, but also local businesses. (Kyle)
- Purdue Live Blog: Nothing like hanging on by a thread with some internet buddies. (11W Staff)
- A Classic in the Key of G: Kenny Guiton adds his name to Buckeye lore and UFM remains undefeated. (Ramzy)
- Incredibly, Braxton Miller is Just Fine: Great news after a nail-bitin' win. (Jason)
- Guiton Orchestrates Ohio Stadium Euphoria: Kenny G leads the comeback. (Kyle)
- The Unlikeliest of Heroes: Guiton relieves Miller, the 2-point conversion and the TD plays.
- Debriefing: Purdue: The reason you are the smartest person in your office on Monday. (Jeff)
- Beyond the Hashes: Purdue: Your weekly stat session with really cool numerical breakdowns. (Chad)
- Quotebook: Purdue: More quotes from coaches and players after the game. (Kyle)
- Five Things: Purdue: Five key happenings in the win over Purdue. (Chris)
- Ohio State v. Purdue: Offensive Breakdown: More knowledge to make you the smartest amongst your friends. (Ross)
- Ohio State v. Purdue: Defensive Breakdown: This time the knowledge comes on the defensive side. (Ross)
On The Beat
- Meyer Presser Recap: Penn State: Urban's weekly presser. (Kyle)
- All Good: Braxton is cleared to play. (Kyle)
- Herman, Guiton Share Longtime Bond: Plus, Devon Bogard is out for the season and Nittanyville is 1,185 strong. (Kyle)
- Wednesday Practice Updates: Penn State: News, notes and quotes from mid-week. (Kyle)
- The Fallen: Injuries have been a bigger problem than consistency. (Kyle)
- Big Ten Basketball Media Days: Thad Matta Presser Notes. (Kyle)
- B1G Hoops Media Day: Matta's Coaching Tree in Bloom. (Kyle)
This Week In Recruiting
- 11W Recruiting Notebook: Penn State Week. (Alex)
Best of the Rest
- The Dubgate Prepares Cold Dishes: Purdue's success stops today and the rest of your relevant games. (Jason)
- B1G Recap: Mom Jeans: Week eight is over and the races in each division are revving up. (Johnny)
- BlogPoll Top 25: October 22: Alabama is still the top team and we like Ohio State at #7. (David)
- Where Are They Now: Lydell Ross: Our series with former Buckeyes continues. (Alex)
- Ross Makes His Late Night Cable Debut on ESPN's Unite: And Dominates the segment. (11W Staff)
- The Houndie: Week 7: Antoine goes back-to-back. (Corey)
- Ohio State, Oregon Schedule Series for 2020/2021: Hopefully the Ducks are still relevant. (Jason)
- Eleven Dubcast: The Secret of Management: Cory Giger, the Penn State beat writer for the Altoona Mirror and also the Sports Central host on ESPN Radio 1450 in State College, joins us this week. (Johnny and Sarah)
- Flashback: Ohio State vs. Penn State, 1976: Ohio State squeaks out a win. (Joe)
- Around The Oval: Your weekly recap of OSU non-revenue sports. (Evan)
- Prognosticating: Penn State: Correctly pick the score and win a cool shirt. (11W Staff)
- Across the Field: Penn State: Ben Jones of StateCollege.com stops by to answer questions for us this week. (Elika)
- 11W RoundTable: Penn State: The staff discuss their current thoughts on the Buckeyes, the legend of Kenny Guiton, and how to stop Matt McGloin and the Nittany Lions. (David)
- Penn State Bucknotes: Alex Butterworth's punts are so thick, so rich, and still just as sweet. (Jason)
- Hot Off the Press: Penn State Game Poster: That belongs in a museum. (11W Staff)
- Buckshot: Ohio State Falls Two Spots in AP Poll.
- Buckshot: Lane Kiffin is Still Slimy.
- Buckshot: Verizon to Improve Game Day Service.
- Buckshot: Meyerstache Sighting.
- Buckshot: The Torg is Lawyering Up.
- Buckshot: Pro Combats are Coming to Ohio State Basketball.
THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP for the WEEK of October 20-26, 2012: Jordan Hall Redshirt, by BUCKEYE_IN_SEC, does the surprising news affect Jalin Marshall and Tavion Jacobs coming in next year?