Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Saturday: Jon Diebler signs with Turkish club Pinar Karsiyaka, a Big Ten Media Days quotebook and the possibility of Penn State changing its iconic uniforms. (Jeff)
- Sunday: The best quotes and tweets from Friday Night Lights and a Gridiron Kings update. (David)
- Monday: Bri'onte Dunn's citation for drug paraphernalia possession, a blowout in the Gridiron Kings finals, Bill O'Brien's class of 2013 salvage job at Penn State and the new HD video screen at Ohio Stadium. (Jason)
- Tuesday: The Tuesday Skull Session is under new management and debuts with a look at the BTN's beat writer mock draft, 247 Sports' new composit rankings and a Silas Redd watch. (Chad)
- Wednesday: We are exactly one month from watching real, live Ohio State football, Devin Smith is planning to win for the seniors and UCF gets a one-year postseason ban. (Sarah)
- Thursday: Assessing the Penn State talent exodus, AIRBHG strikes again and Jerry Sandusky is upset at the NCAA. (Chris)
- Friday: Middletown, Ohio brings home a gold in judo, still imagining the Percy Harvin figure in Ohio State's offense and a recap of the preseason USA Today Coaches Poll.
This Week in Editorials
- A Golden Opportunity: Urban Meyer is pretty jacked to have Braxton Miller running his offense, you guys. (Kyle)
- To the Victor: Why winning is so important to us. (Chris)
- Mr. Expectations: When your coach says Tim Tebow has qualities of you in him, it's both a blessing and a curse. (Johnny)
- Mad About You: Urban Meyer will take an angry team over a complacent team any day of the week. (Kyle)
- The So-Called Nothing: How do you motivate your team with nothing to play for? (Ramzy)
- Simon Says Dominate: John Simon's workout tree is blossoming. (Kyle)
- A Man for All Seasons: Wes Fesler's contributions to the field of high-speed photography. (Joe)
- A Letter to Coach Meyer From Any Ohio State Fan: The best thing you will read about the Buckeyes this week. (Jeff)
- Dismantling the Master's House: The scandal in Chapel Hill that no one is talking about. (Ramzy)
- The Buckeye Olympics: What if Ohio State football players were Olympians? (Sarah)
This Week in Recruiting
- Friday Night Lights Recap: The latest (Derek)
- Gardner Makes Sixteen: Meyer and staff get a commitment from Timothy Gardner, a 6-5, 320-pound guard from Indianapolis. (11W Staff)
- Catching up with Darius West: Friday Night Lights: The Lima Central Catholic cornerback is on Ohio State's radar and he spoke with us about it. (Derek)
- Recruiting Mailbag: Summer Hoops: What's this about Mike Mitchell's younger brother? (Dave)
- Committed: Catching Up with Timothy Gardner: We talk to the newest member of Ohio State's class of 2013. (Miles)
- Friday Night Lights: The Aftermath: A look at the storylines that emerged after Friday Night Lights. (Alex)
- Catching up with Drew Barker: Friday Night Lights: Kentucky quarterback Drew Barker shares his FNL experience with us. (Derek)
- Catching Up with Raekwon McMillan: Friday Night Lights: The elite Georgia linebacker discusses his visit to Columbus. (Miles)
Best of the Rest
- Report: Bri'onte Dunn Cited in Alliance: Gray Box of Doom. (11W Staff)
- Dunn Charged with Four Misdemeanors: The police report reveals the freshman running back nearly hit a patrol car. (Kyle)
- Getting "Our Shane Morris": The importance of landing a player that is also a great recruiter. (Chad)
- Drug Charges Against Dunn Dropped: Poof. (Kyle)
- Breaking Down Camp Meyer Position Battles: We hear there is playing time available at running back. (Kyle)
- ESPN and Ohio State Team Up for All-Access Series: BFFs again. (Jason)
- An Interview with Urban Meyer: His Offensive Background and Philosophy in His Own Words: The definitive primer on Meyer's offense, in his own words. (Ross)
- College Football's 10 Best Coaches: Only one Big Ten coach makes the cut. Can you guess who it is? (Alex)
- A Roundtable Discussion of Ohio State Football: Kyle, Ross, Ramzy and Johnny discuss the state of the program before fall camp kicks off. (11W Staff)
- Buckshot: Penn State Goes Green.
- Buckshot: Alex on The Big Show.
- Buckshot: Saint Woody.
- Buckshot: Silas Redd is Transferring to USC.
- Buckshot: USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll Released.
- Buckshot: Craig James Asked Ramzy for More Money.
THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP for the WEEK of JULY 28 - AUGUST 3, 2012: Rest of the Class? by ClevelandGuy. Who's in, who's out and how many spots are left?