Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Saturday on Stormy Weather, UFM is warming up to the new playoffs, take Urban on your vacation, the up and down pro career of Troy Smith and will Meyer turn OSU QBs into good pros? (Jeff)
- Sunday on Aaron Craft is indispensable, more from Ohio Hoops Classic, The Openings rumor mill, along with Mike and Mickey Mitchell could be a package deal. (David)
- Monday on results from The Opening, the Freeh Group results are almost here, GO BUY LINDY'S OHIO STATE PREVIEW MAGAZINE and winning football games equals more money for schools. (Jason)
- Tuesday on Sullinger doing work in the summer league, watch lists are coming out, ranking the 2012 B1G games, Big Ten on the world stage and where in the world is Jim Heacock? (Danny)
- Wednesday on more watch lists, Phil Steele's projected stats for the five major conferences, the outlook is still rosy for OSU in 2012, desirable B1G coaching jobs, hoops projections from KenPom.com and the difficulty for women in sports journalism. (Sarah)
- Thursday on the ESPYs, the Freeh Report drops today, a reminder about the 11W survey, road trips to Minnesota just got cooler, hoop coaches like the new summer rules and the Tip-Off Marathon lineup. (Chris)
- Friday on a deeper look at the Freeh Report, the year of HankinSimon and a look at the top 12 newcomers for the 2012 B1G season, . (Jeff)
This Week in Editorials
- Life After Sullinger, Williams and Ravenel look to make it easier on Thad. (Kyle)
- Plenty to Prove, the LB corps is young and inexperienced. (Chris).
- The Redemption Tour, an early look at Sullinger's spot on the Celtics. (Kyle)
- Thirteen Below, in the slowest sports week of the year, we remember those players who left Ohio State this past year. (Ramzy)
- A Nerd's Guide to the 2012 OSU Football Team, the Tao of Bro. (Johnny)
- Three Things Braxton Must Improve, if he does, it's going to be a great season. (Jeff)
- Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, Meyer's Team Cop hat has been tested early. (Kyle)
- Who Cares if Urban Has a 1,000-Yard Rusher, they'll still be successful running the ball. (Chad)
- Taking the Plunge, marriage and sports. (Kyle)
- The ESPY Awards, a first-hand account from the red carpet and backstage at ESPN's annual self-love affair. (Elika)
- Dash and Catch, breaking down the running back, tight end, and wide receiver positions for both Ohio State and the entire Big Ten. (Sarah)
This Week in Recruiting
- The Opening Lives Up to the Hype, Buckeyes were well represented. (Alex)
- 2013 Forecasting: Shooting Guards. (David)
- Catching up with Dareian Watkins: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Forecasting 2013: Defensive Line. (Alex)
Best of the Rest
- Ohio State Confirms Klein Arrest, Klein Posts Bond, the beginning of the end for Storm. (11W Staff)
- Columbus Defeats Cleveland in Battle of Ohio, no Titus, no problem for C-Bus. (Kyle)
- Craft Progressing After Ankle Surgery, out of his cast and off crutches. (Kyle)
- Klein Dismissed From Football Team. (Kyle)
- Stat Session: Why the Great Powers Are Great. (Chad)
- 12-0 is a Possibility: Chatting with Phil Steele, an interview with the prominent football expert. (Kyle)
- Remembering the 57's, another history lesson for your summer reading list. (Joe)
- Your Insight is Desired, you tell us what you like/don't like about 11W and we'll listen. (11W Staff)
- Boren, Sabino and Simon Will Represent OSU in Chicago, no surprises here. (11W Staff)
- Strategic Trends to Watch for in the 2012 Season, your X's and O's TV guide. (Ross)
- Buckshot: Nick Saban's Daughter Will Cut You.
- Buckshot: Bucks Get Purdue Transfer.
- Buckshot: The Freeh Report on PSU.
- Buckshot: TURRIBLE.
The people's champ for the week of July 7-13, 2012: Thoughts on Michigan vs. Alabama, by RICKB25, a week one dilemma creates differing opinions.