Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Saturday's Skull Session on Tom Dienhart's 2012 B1G D-Line unit rankings, EA Sports 2012 NCAA Football, Ohio Stadium's new scoreboard and speakers, along with projected points spreads for OSU's upcoming season. (Jeff)
- Sunday's Skull Session on Carmen, Ohio, the ultimate swan song, Marquette v. Ohio State on a naval ship is a go, The WB still struggling at the NBA combine and Thad has made OSU a top eight coaching job. (David)
- Monday's Skull Session on Brian Bobek's transfer, college coaches can now text, the maturation of Deshaun Thomas, Ohio State wrestling picks up a huge commit and the Red Hot Trolly Peppers. (Jason)
- Tuesday's Skull Session on Kent State baseball making the CWS, Ben Buchanan is back for 2012, with a college degree and eyes on the NFL, Tom Dienhart's B1G secondary unit rankings, five moments that shaped the 2011 B1G football season and Sullinger being a sleeper in the draft. (Danny)
- Wednesday's Skull Session on Urban was the keynote speaker at a camp in Detroit, reasons why Penn State could win the Leaders division, the Jerry Sandusky trial, ugh, TSUN also had a women's clinic and unretired some numbers, while the preseason Heisman lists are starting to surface. (Sarah)
- Thursday's Skull Session on the BCS Committee meets in Chicago, Luther Campbell doing good in Dade County, a successful trip up north for Urban and the boys, a Sully interview with Hoops World and rule changes for the upcoming hoops season. (Chris)
- Friday's Skull Session on Urban's omnipresence, the difficulties of recruiting at Nebraska, a Sandusky trial update, OSU's football team APR continues to rise and the BTN payouts are helping schools improve athletic facilities. (Johnny)
This Week in Editorials
- One Game to Win, if you had just one QB, to win one game, who would it be?. (Chris)
- Commence Panic, pure comedy, as Les Miles makes a surprise appearance at his alma mater's graduation. (Johnny)
- Buried Alive, a 45-year old masterpiece by Sports Illustrated, on the death of Ohio State football in 1967. (Ramzy)
- The Semester Impact, comparing the pros and cons of the new school calendar. (David)
- Your 2012 Heisman Winner is a Buckeye, a non-homerism, legit scientific prediction for the fall. (Chad)
- A Death in the Family, when we realize there is more to life than sports. (Sarah)
This Week in Recruiting
- Catching up with Darron Lee: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Catching up with Sean Welsh: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Catching up with Delando Johnson: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Catching up with Tate Leavitt: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Catching up with Nick Richardson: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Catching up with Christian Morris: OSU Camp. (Alex)
- Catching up with Kyle Allen. (Alex)
- Catching up with Matt Miller. (Alex)
- Catching up with Tracy Sprinkle: OSU Camp. (Alex)
Best of the Rest
- My Day at the Women's Football Clinic, great first-hand recap (with photos!) of the events that shaped the experience for the ladies. (Guest Columnist-KH8611)
- Stat Session: Quick Strike Data. (Chad)
- Around the Oval: June 12, OSU baseball has three players drafted, Christina Manning wins the 100m hurdles at the NCAA Championship and Ohio State will send another athlete to London. (Kyle)
- Bringing the Thunder, your history lessons continue with a profile of Bob Ferguson. (Joe)
- Who is the Best Pure Passer in the BIG: A JPPS Analysis. (Jeff)
- Combining Plays: Application...the more you know. (Ross)
- OSU Readying for New Facility, a look at the extension to VCA. (Kyle)
- Buckshot: Oh My God, BGHP takes on Ohio State alternate uniforms.
- Buckshot: Jake Ballard claimed by Patriots.
- Buckshot: Anzalone List Has Six.
The people's champ for the week of June 9-15, 2012: How Can PSU Keep Commits, by FORTMEYER. Tthe fallout from the Jerry Sandusky trial continues, as more evidence of a cover up comes to the surface.