Today marks the 20 year anniversary of Woody's passing. In honor, The Dispatch gathered quotes from some of Woody's former players. It's amazing to think about his everlasting impact on OSU Football. I still remember where I was when told of his death. I was in middle school at the time but used to go to the elementary school across the street to shoot hoops with my old gym teacher before the bus arrived. Armed with the bad news, my mom actually walked over to the school and came inside the gym to tell me. Due to my age, I barely had any personal recollection of Woody coaching but growing up in a Buckeye family, I definitely understood the magnitude of what I had just heard. The guy built a football machine and with it a culture that makes makes Football Saturday's the best 13 days of the year.
- Won five national titles (1970, 1968, 1961, 1957 and 1954)
- Won 13 Big Ten championships
- Won 205 overall and 152 conference games
- Led Ohio State to 11 bowl games (eight Rose Bowls)
- Took Ohio State to four-consecutive Rose Bowls (1972-75)
- Produced 56 first team All-Americans
- Coached three Heisman Trophy and three Outland Trophy winners
- Coached two Lombardi Award winners
What's your favorite Woody moment?